Greetings from the Campaign Trail!
I hope you will find this letter informative and that it will help you understand what’s happening in Kansas politics. Most importantly, I hope the newsletter will motivate YOU to get involved. THIS ELECTION IS CRUCIAL TO THE STATE OF KANSAS.
The articles below from last weekend’s Kansas City Star newspaper explain what is at stake in this election -- nothing less than THE FUTURE OF KANSAS! Below are links to those articles if you have not already seen them.
The Star’s Recommendations
Support moderate candidates for the Kansas Senate
Only Kansas Senate Can Stop Extremism – Steve Rose
I am proud to have earned the endorsement of the Kansas City Star. I am also proud to have the endorsement of the Kansas Citizens for Higher Education , Kansas National Education Association and its Shawnee Mission and Blue Valley chapters. In addition, I am extremely pleased to have a lifetime rating of 97% from the Overland park Chamber of Commerce an d been designated as a “Pro- Jobs legislator” by Kansas Economic Lifelines.
"Lenexa, KS, July 19, 2012 - Citizens for Higher Education, a business group that promotes quality higher education as the engine that creates well-paying jobs and economic prosperity in Kansas, has endorsed a bi-partisan group of 43 candidates for the Kansas Senate and 120 for the Kansas House of Representatives..." Read more
Because endorsements alone will not win this election. We must work hard to turn out the vote.
Here’s what I’m asking you to do.
- Forward this message to your friends and tell them how important this election is.
- Encourage your friends to talk to others. The more people understand what’s at stake, the more likely they are to vote.
- Go to my Facebook page at Tim Owens for Kansas Senate and show your support. This will generate more buzz among people on Facebook.
- Put out a yard sign. Encourage others to put out a yard sign. You can sign up for one under the “volunteer” link
- Volunteer to walk your neighborhood or make phone calls.
Most important -- VOTE in the August 7th primary election!